Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Catching Up

So here we are, 6 weeks into a new school year.

Six weeks into new kids and new classroom personalities.

Six weeks into meetings, paperwork, grading, meetings, planning, grading, and facilitating a readers/writers workshop.

I'm still getting the hang of the workshop, but I'm really enjoying it.  One day was spent working on writing SMART goals. One of my goals was to post a blog entry every day. I'm not setting such a good example as far as meeting that writing goals.

I LOVE my kids this year! Overall, they are one of THE MOST AMAZING groups I've had in 23 years of teaching.

I've had to make a new to-do list that is now a chart.

I'm having to make the workshop more fluid and days I think should be reading turn into writing; days that are writing turn into reading. Does it need to be any one way? Are there any middle school teachers in the Dallas-Ft. Worth doing a workshop format? How do you do it? I've been using mini-lesson time to introduce a topic/skill, then they can use it that day or later, but it will get used.

If you've read this, thank you!  I'll be posting again this week.

Sincerely,

Reluctant Writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment