Wednesday, August 23, 2017

A month later..... Then 2 months later.....

Wow. I can't even believe it's been a month.

Quite a bit to catch up on. So I'll bullet point then talk about some of them:
  • Apple iPad Training
  • My solo trip to Colorado
  • My son's first cruise
  • My niece's visit
  • My cousin's visit
Well, iPad training. We're supposed to finish Apple iPad training by this Friday. I have two left: GarageBand and iMovie, the two I know NOTHING about. These badges have been averaging about 2 hours to complete. Knock on wood I get these done.

August 23, 2017

HAHAHAH!!!

So, school has started and life happens. BUT I'm back. I'm teaching a Creative Reading and Writing Studio class this year so hopefully it will help me stay on track. I'm planning an entry a week (we've heard this before). BUT I PROMISE!!

So, back to the training. I got them finished it took a week, but I did it. Now I'll be able to share some other apps with my kids for project choices.

My trip to Colorado WAS AMAAAAAZING!!!

I got to Denver on Sunday morning, then drove around a bit. I went to The Tattered Cover bookstore, and it smelled so good! Then I drove around some more just enjoying the cooler and non-humid weather.

I made my way to Fort Collins and headed to Old Town to Old Firehouse Books. That was small but comfortable. I stopped and got groceries then made my way to my little slice of heaven.


The sunrise!! I woke up every morning, got my coffee, book, and journal, then spent the rest of the day outside. I went in for food, water, and bathroom breaks. I don't think I ever went back into the house until about 7 in the evening, unless it rained. It did rain a bit in the afternoons, which was wonderful! 

There was a nest with babies in the end of this swing set. I kept unsuccessfully trying to get a picture of the mama.


Part of the view I enjoyed every day for 7 amazing days.


Another sunrise. The colors are amazing.


Me outside the cabin.



What did I do in Colorado by myself? I read FIVE BOOKS!!! I enjoyed not having to talk to people. I enjoyed doing what I wanted when I felt like just because I could. I ate what I wanted when I wanted.  I sat outside on the deck in my swimsuit or my pajamas every day. A couple of days I had to run into town (less than 5 minutes away). One day to get bottled water, because the tap water was making me sick!! Another to eat breakfast at the cafe. It was wonderful!!

During my week in Colorado, my kid was on a cruise with our Village. It was a group of 12. They started in Orlando and went to Nassau. He had a blast and texted me to let me know he had booked next summer's cruise for the same week. SOOOOO, when I checked out on Sunday, I booked the cabin FOR THE SAME WEEK NEXT SUMMER!! SOOOO EXCITED!!!

My niece, brother, and cousin were all visiting at the same time. Surprised my niece with a a birthday shopping spree at Pink. We all (my relatives and the Village) played Cards Against Humanity, and it was HILARIOUS!! I love when we get together for a game night!

Whew! This was longer than I anticipated! I'll be back with an update on Teaching -Year 24 - Week 1.

Sincerely,

Reluctant Writer




No comments:

Post a Comment