Tuesday, June 13, 2017

A Few Random Thoughts

So, I'm in cisdlitcamp, and we were told to write in our journals, so I started making notes about what I could do to help me blog regularly. I really do like blogging. It's like writing a letter to a friend, only I don't know who the friend is who might be reading it. Is it an old friend I haven't seen lately? A friend I haven't met, yet? A friend I see a few times a week?

I could do a weekly check-in, or twice weekly. I'm thinking Tuesdays and Fridays. Tuesdays could be Transformation Tuesday, where I could tell about the new thing I tried during the week. Remember the butterfly tattoo? Going outside my comfort zone and trying new things is a goal. Fridays could be a looking forward to the weekend kind of thing, a review of the week, a "free-form" Friday sort of thing. I think that would work well, since I have a hard time not going off on tangents.

There may be an occasional post in between those, as well, depending on the Teachers Write 2017 that I'm signed up to do in July.

So it's Tuesday, and the new thing I did was go to a concert with my parents. That was the best! ZZ Top and Jimmy Buffett! I overheard someone saying that bands that JB opened for in the past are now opening for him. Interesting fact if it's true. So, that's my new thing for this past week. 

A little bit about me: I enjoy watching cooking shows. I think my favorite might be "Chopped". I like trying to figure out how to use all the ingredients in the baskets. I learn new food combinations, too. Now, if I had time to cook and a kitchen that was cooking friendly, that would be amazing. Our kitchen is so small that two people in there makes me crazy. Our kitchen in Kansas was probably 4 times the size of this one. 

I enjoy doing laundry and washing dishes by hand. I find those chores relaxing. I especially enjoy doing them in an empty house. I like music, and I like background noise. Even if I'm reading, I need some sound. I'm not a gardener, but I love hydrangeas and my bluebonnets. I enjoy watching basketball and sometimes football. I can watch baseball; can't stand golf. I enjoy watching NASCAR; this is a recent discovery for me.

Have a great Tuesday!

Sincerely,

Reluctant Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment