Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Try-it Tuesday?



Not sure how clever that title is, but we'll see. So, I have a goal to try new things and then to report out about them in this blog! So, here we go:

I attempted a modified version of the yoga pose, Tree. Didn't last long, but I'll try again.

I also tried dry-brushing today. I've read it's supposed to be beneficial for people with lymphedema, because it supposedly gets the lymphatic system moving in the morning and helps get the toxins out of your system, so I thought I'd try it out. And that's also a new thing for me - telling people about that - not many people know I have lymphedema. I was diagnosed a few years ago and doing what I'm supposed to do.  Usually, people who have had some lymph nodes removed due to cancer get lymphedema, but I don't fall into that category. Just luck of the draw, so I do what I can to try to keep it under control: massages (manual lymphatic drainage - a special type), compression socks (when it's not too hot!), drinking lots of water, being active, keeping my feet up sometimes, and now dry-brushing. After the dry-brushing, my legs did feel better! I definitely had more energy. Maybe it was the 2 cups of coffee I had? I'll try it tomorrow BEFORE the coffee!

I also tried a new restaurant - not the Indian one. This one has been around a while - Gipsy Lime Taco Lounge. I had the  Rastaman: Jamaican Jerk Chicken, Caribbean Salsa, Cotija Cheese and the San Fran Avocado (Vegetarian): Fried Avocado, Roasted Corn Salsa, Cilantro Crema, Cilantro.
The Rastaman was good, but if I go back, I'll try something else. The chicken definitely had a kick once it hit the back of my throat! The salsa was mango and pineapple. I liked the salsa better than the chicken.
The San Fran. Well, I like avocado, but I don't like FRIED avocado. It was a weird texture, and I have food texture issues. The roasted corn was good, and I liked that alot!
I'll probably go back, but I'd order something different. They have an extensive menu!

The reunion? Well, let me tell you!! I can't believe it's almost here. Even though, we've really been planning for about 6 months, the bulk of everything is THIS WEEK! Ordering food trays Sunday and today, then Friday, picking up trays at Costco and Kroger to get to the Friday venue by 4:30 AND coordinating it with an airport run to pick up MY NIECE at 2:35!! I can't wait to see her! Then picking up more trays and flowers on Saturday and setting up the Saturday venue! THAT will be killer.

Enjoy the rest of your week!!

Sincerely,

Reluctant Writer




No comments:

Post a Comment