Tuesday, July 12, 2016

"Don't laugh, but..." A Slice of Life

These words came out of the mouth of my 18 year old, 6 foot tall son, followed by: "it's kinda nerdy, but we're gonna go walk around and play Pokemon Go!" This is followed by a slight blush and a laugh. I laughed with him, and we talked a little about it. It wasn't long (the next day, to be exact) before I was on the Pokemon Go bandwagon.

Monday morning was busy for us. He had to go up to North Lake to change his schedule,;I had a meeting at 9; he had to be at work at 10.

North Lake by 8, then on the way to Einstein Bagels we grabbed a few Pokemon, then headed to my meeting where we passed a Pokestop. Between the end of my appointment and getting him to work, we drove around for about 30 minutes looking for Pokemon-related things, talking, laughing at each other and other people playing and just spending time together. Please note: I DID NOT PLAY AND DRIVE! I had a willing passenger, or I pulled over.

There's nothing I enjoyed more yesterday than spending time with my son on a common quest for Pokemon and Pokestops. Looking over at him, taking up the entire passenger side: long legs and big smile,  I could still see the silly little boy who played Pokemon on his Gameboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment