Friday, July 8, 2016

Heading to Monterey (Thursday and Friday)

So far, this blogging isn't so difficult. Although, to be honest, all I'm doing is talking about my vacation! That's really easy!  I'll get into other things (books, school), later.

Well, today we're heading to Monterey for the family reunion. I was a little sad that we'd be leaving this amazingness:



Woke up to a foggy beach!! I still saw and heard those waves, though. I definitely miss them!!

Once we got the condo cleaned up and got the car packed up, we headed out past the fields surrounded by fog:



and this great house! I think (I HOPE) someone's working on it. It's in the middle of a field of dirt, but can't you see the potential? A low fence to separate the house garden from the fields. Maybe the house is white or cream with dark blue trim? 

I don't know what it is about this house, but I couldn't take my eyes off of it every time we passed by!

We headed to Moss Landing for lunch. Today was my husband's pick. Remember how we each pick a meal? His was seafood. Now, he really enjoys seafood and will try ANYTHING. ANY KIND OF FOOD. I'm not that daring. I don't eat seafood. I don't like the textures. Texture issues, that's me. BUT, I was determined to eat fish at least once. I mean, we were on the coast, so it shouldn't be too horrible. C's choice was Phil's Fish Market.


We decided the fisherman who greeted us looked like my dad.


We ordered and walked through the restaurant and found a seat at the very back and outside. There was a fence that separated the restaurant from the beach. When we got there, it was pretty foggy but cleared up quickly, so we could enjoy the view.  There was a family enjoying the beach, dogs playing frisbee, the horses, and THE WAVES. 


C's food: cioppino. Basically, a bowl full of random seafood. 


Mine: grilled halibut, fries, the huge, yummy salad, cantaloupe and the bread.
It wasn't horrible, but I had to choke down the last few bites. I was determined to eat the WHOLE, DANG PIECE. I succeeded.



And my son's..... a patty melt.... SOOO adventurous!


Our view at lunch. I loved the sound of the waves!



These two pictures are from the restroom at the restaurant! How cool, right?! I don't make it a habit to take restroom pictures...


Monterey: Bougainvillea was EVERYWHERE and full and lush like this one!
All of the following pictures are from Monterey and the 17 Mile Drive. 


More waves crashing against the rocks. Such a relaxing sound.



Yep, more waves!




Well, I really liked the roof. It reminded me of the Weasley's roof. I'm NOT explaining that reference!


This tree is called The Lone Cypress. It's 250 years old, and is used as the logo for Pebble Beach.


Pebble Beach looking over the 18th hole.




Lunch overlooking Monterey Bay


Jellyfish lights in The Fish Hopper



Remember this little guy? It's a BABY SEAGULL!! It looks like a leopard!


C, our son M, and C's dad at Carmel Beach (Carmel-by-the-Sea)



Loved the roof of this house!!

Thanks for visiting today! I'll have more pictures tomorrow. Maybe not as many?

Sincerely,

Reluctant Writer


No comments:

Post a Comment